News and Upcoming Shows
Summer Time, and the Livin' is Easy.
The 6th Annual CU Improv Fest will be November 14 & 15, 2014, at SoDo Theatre. We’ll begin accepting submissions for performing teams for CUIF Aug 5. More details coming soon.
Drop in workshops will be scheduled during the interim. Details will be coming soon.
Line up for the for upcoming shows:
- July 11: B(minus) - making bad movies badder, followed by screening of a previous B(minus) movie selection. BYO refreshments encouraged!
- July 18: Phoenix & Phriends, with Transprov Imports, following by a listening of Zaireeka
- July 25: Kids show at 7 pm, Adult show at 8 pm (featured team TBD)
- Aug 1: Improv Attack
- Aug 8: Level 2 Improv Class performance, Manly show
- Aug 15: Double Date
- Aug 22: Hysterical & Guys?
Summer Summer Summer Time!!
Maybe you've been meaning to come to an improv show for a while and haven't. Maybe you didn't read Katie Prosise's article about improv in Smile Politely. Well now's you're chance to do both. Friday Night Live events in downtown Champaign wind down at 8 pm, so instead of sitting at the bars creating Saturday's hang over, come see some comedy.
Improv at SoDo in June is going to be a lot of fun!
- June 6: Random Acts of Service, B(minus) - making bad movies badder
- June 13: Peterson's 4-Wheel
- June 20: Hysterical
Summer Session: Basics and Beyond 2 STARTS TOMORROW
Suitable for beginners and students who have taken one other beginning level class with Zoo Improv or elsewhere. Class includes 8 weeks of meetings plus an optional performance in August. In addition to expanding skills related to agreement, students will learn techniques for developing a scene outside the framework of an exercise and basic editing principles.
- Dates: June 5 - July 31 (No class on July 3).
- Time: 7 - 9 pm
- Fee: $80 for the session