News and Upcoming Shows
OMG So much stuff!!
Spring is here!! All the plants and animals and ZOO are all going NUTS!! We play every Friday night, with a kids' show on the last Friday, so let's get the routine stuff out of the way...
- at 8 pm
- at SoDo Theatre in Champaign,
- admission is $5,
- kids shows on the Final Fridays at 7 pm, that does mean April 25 (This week, but wait, there's more about that!
- 4/25: Relay for Life Benefitnight!! - Wait!! What?! Yes. ALL of your money will go the relay for life!!! FOR SERIOUS!! Every penny.
- 7pm: Zoo's Interactive Kid's Show
- 8 pm: ALL KINDS OF AWESOME!!
- Beginning Improv Class Showcase
- Random Acts of Service
- ALL money goes to ACS Relay for Life
- A little more detail here. Also, join the event!!
- THIS SHOW HAS NO "FEE." Pay what you can!!
- 5/2: Zoo Improv's 9th Birthday!! "Toast & Jam"
- 5/9: B minus
- 5/16: Aubrey Does It With Anybody with guest Nicholas Dietrich
- 5/23: TBA
- 5/30: Kid's Show Friday!
- 7 pm: Interactive Kid's Show
- 8 pm: TBA
Love Improv. Spread it.
Speaking of Spreading it... WORKSHOPS and EDUCATION!
It's the scoop you've been asking for: The summer schedule of improv classes!!! All classes take place on Thursday nights, 7-9 pm, at SoDo Theatre, 111 S. Walnut St., Champaign. See class descriptions below for details about fees. Payment by cash or check is requested at the start of the class.
"Yes you May" Drop-in Classes
Suitable for all levels of improvisers, these targeted classes will stand alone well, but offer a variety of topics for a well-rounded training experience. Pre-registration is requested but not required. Pre-register for all 5 dates in May and get free admission to Friday night improv shows during the entire month of May.
NOTE: May 22 & May 29 are recommended (but not required) for beginning students planning to enroll in the Basics and Beyond 2 summer session.
May 1: Get out of your head and into your body. (Coach: Brian Hagy)
May 8: Using the space and the stuff in your scene. (Coach: Brian Hagy)
May 15: Engage your emotional intelligence. (Coach: Aubrey Wachtel)
May 22: Back to Basics: "Yes, and" plus introductory scene work guidelines (Coach: Tami Haubner & Cara Maurizi)
May 29: Back to Basics: Character, object work, environment (Coach: Tami Haubner)
Summer Session: Basics and Beyond 2
Suitable for beginners and students who have taken one other beginning level class with Zoo Improv or elsewhere. Class includes 8 weeks of meetings plus an optional performance in August. In addition to expanding skills related to agreement, students will learn techniques for developing a scene outside the framework of an exercise and basic editing principles.
Dates: June 5 - July 31 (No class on July 3).
Fee: $80 for the session
You know you want to party, and what better way to celebrate family and social awkwardness than with Improv!! If you are interested in hiring us for entertainment at a party, do it!
We also do professional development workshops!